Tuesday, March 3, 2009

something sweet or something strong...

it's funny how a song can instantly draw you back to a moment... the memory is so vivid that even certain smells come instantly flooding back... take this song, for example:

it just came on the pandora and as i'm sitting in my cubicle, i'm suddenly taken back to the summer of 2004... i had just moved downtown to the art space bridge project... it is a friday night and i'm getting ready to meet friends at the art gallery downstairs for gallery stroll... it was just before sunset and i was drinking a glass of wine - it was white, and although i'm not exactly sure if it was the cavit pinot grigio or dancing bull sav, i can say without a doubt it was one of those two [i consumed a lot of both that summer, you see]... i had just sprayed my perfume [hence the smell part] and was dancing around my room to this song... just before heading out the door, i snapped this photo... it was totally for mypspace [how appropriate]:

2 comments:

Mrs B said...

I hear ya on this. There are times when I hear a song that invokes a memory so strong that I have to sit still for a moment just to capture it!

melicious said...

this song reminds me of the summer of 2004 as well. its when me and jared met. there are so many memories associated with this song!