Saturday, February 19, 2011

thanks ty

there have been several times in my life when trivial things arise and for whatever reason this bigger little brother of mine knows the one thing to say that will spin everything back into perspective... in such a loving way his simple wisdom brings me imense comfort... for example...

once when i was crying for whatever reason, he said to me, "anj, you know why we cry? it's to get the hurt out." i have no idea if he heard this somewhere or if he came up with it on his own, but i will never forget how much better i felt...

another time i said something along the lines of patience not being a virtue of mine to which ty retorted, "yeah, but being awesome is!"

and just today, when my inability to run without pain for even five minutes had me fighting off tears from the treadmill, a simple "i think you should read born to run," snapped me back into reality and reminded me some time-off is not the end of the world...

i am so lucky to have him in my life and the truly value our relationship... anyone who knows ty knows what i'm talking about... and if you don't know him, just know this: he is one helluva dancer! a virtue of his, amongst many...

i love you, broddy.

No comments: