Friday, January 23, 2009

research & development

i got an email from emilee yesterday asking about a coat of mine and inquiring the details of said coat so that she could purchase one for herself. she also said "i hope you don't mind," to which my response was something along the lines of "of course i don't mind!" ...and i really don't mind, but i took this as an opportunity to, once again, congratulate myself on my fantastic taste. humble much?! meh. humility can be overrated - plus this is my blog so i feel justified in saying whatever i want. neiner neiner neiner...

i digress, her inquiry led me to the world wide website where i purchased the garment [you know, as to provide her with a convenient link], which in-turn sent me on a downward spiral deep into the funnel of unproductivity and online "window" shopping. you see, the spring lines have hit and although i stick by my rule of never paying full price for anything [including macbooks - booya] it was utterly difficult for me to nay-say the temptation... the temptation is what irritates me the most about this and i'll tell you why... if you have ever had the chance, or get the chance, to peer into my closet you will find what i like to refer to as my "utopia-of-wardrobia" consisting of items ranging across all sorts of spectrums [seasons, materials, colors, sizes, etc.]. you will also find a mess, but that's not the point here... the point here is this ---------> i do not need anything new - want, yes; need, no...

so not to toot my own horn [see, i can be humble] or anything, but i think of myself as a stylish person; meaning with a personal sense of style and also the "in the know" kind of style... so here's where the "development" comes into play from all this "research" ... i have a sewing machine [thanks, santa] and a closet full of clothes i don't wear... botta bing, botta boom! those two things combined with my creative eye have inspired me to get to modifying and manufacturing... think of it as a renaissance of my closet, if you will, or you can think of it like vicki prefers: "you're one crafty betch!" either way, i find the possibilities of it all quite exciting [with the exception of the cleaning the closet part]!

1 comment:

Em said...

a big thanks to you and your style, anj. and your post reminded me that we forgot to modify my korto momolu shirt when i was there w your sweet book. boo.