Friday, December 12, 2008

pat myself on the back...

... i don't mean to toot my own horn, but i gotta brag a little... and seeing as how this is my blog i feel justified in doing so...

i just got a verbal commitment from the salt city derby girls that they have decided to take 'me' up on 'our' offer and will now be calling the salt palace "home"! boooyaaaah! i mean, BOOOOYYYYAAAAHHH! that's nine solid events [quite possibly more], contracts to be issued, and my name surrounded in stars... not really, but go with me on this one...

so aside from the feeling good about myself and my ability to successfully perform my job, this really doesn't mean much [read: i don't work on commission]. however, i'd say feeling good about oneself and one's success is worth more than any commission would be...

p.s. my main contact [dirty pirate hooker - seriously, that's her derby-alias] said, "...on a personal level, i just want to thank you for all you've done. we really enjoy working with you and we think you're awesome."

2 comments:

allie said...

that is fantastic! the salt palace should give you some commission!!

any chance they want to give me a job, by the way? :) i want to follow in my sister's footsteps... :)

anjer said...

doge - get me your resume and i'll get it into the right hands. everyone is on a hiring freeze as of right now, but you can betchyerarse that i'll do what i can!